Thursday, September 27, 2007

NJ CCCS

I was amazed when I opened up the website for the NJCCCS. I did not know the official website off hand because this is on our district's home page and in the high school. We have to navigate the pages here for our documentation and the CCCS that we write down in our plan books.

Last year the state came in to monitor our district. One of the most critical things that they were looking for was that all teachers were able to access the NJCCCS links through the computer. I mean every teacher had to be able to access the computer and many had the hard copies as well. I had my room full of the binder and on what page and the computer opened. It was just stressful because you had to be able to open the computer and at the same time go right to the designated area of what you were teaching.

The site in itself is user friendly. I like the site because the standards are broken down by grade and subject in neat columns and rows. It is really self-explanatory and easy to follow the system.

No comments: