Sunday, October 21, 2007

UBD Self-Reflection and Evaluation

I had Principles Of Curriculum and we had to use UBD to formulate a lesson plan with the end in mind. I have realized that after implementation you begin to "flow" with the process of UBD. I do not feel that I encountered many challenges other than creating the essential questions at first. I am in the middle of the lesson now and it is going very smooth. I have a small group so I am able to assist them as needed and guide them in answering the essential questions in their minds.
I liked the format, but I think that the "whereto" at the end is too lengthy and I found myself reiterating the facts. I omitted topics that had already been addressed. I will continue to use UBD and I find it to be extremely helpful, particularly in cases where teachers may need an extra boost in their regular lesson plans. As a future administrator, I will take UBD into the classrooms and assist teachers who are in need of assistive programs to implement in their lessons.

No comments: