Sunday, October 21, 2007

Online Learning Experience

The experience for me taking this class online has been challenging, but very rewarding. I actually love being able to take the class at home in the comforts of my living room. It is very accommodating to my schedule and at the same time I am able to put a face to the students online because of the meetings that we have had in class. I am an individual who thrives on people interactions so it helps me to know who I am responding to through the blogs, BB, etc.
I had never done a blog before or a video to post online. I am grateful for the opportunity ( though I lost sleep at first)to be able to this. The technology age is something no one can shy away from and meeting it head-on is the only way to conquer the skills of the computer era.
I would definitely repeat an online course. I believe that the professors, through a few class meetings can also put a face and a name together. Being in class can have many benefits for students. I am like a sponge and I absorb all of the professor's knowledge for the sake of my personal gain. Reiterating what I have learned in class is my main goal in the professional arena. The online class helps us take different challenges to a greater level. I had to seek help on a few occasions for the technical aspects of the posts, but it only enhanced my learning of technology. I also feel that through the online class we are able to "surf" through the directives of the professor and find on our own other educational tools that we would not have necessarily had if we were in the classroom. Online learning helps individuals work at their own pace and on their own time while accomplishing the goals of the class.
One way that the professor can facilitate the online class is to "model" during the class meetings how to navigate the computer to reach the goals that are required. For example, steps on how to do a "Did you know video?". I found this to be the most challenging.

1 comment:

Prof. Bachenheimer said...

I like your modeling suggestion and I will try to do so in the future.